Wednesday, June 16, 2004

"Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman!": Adventures of a Curious Character, by Richard Phillips Feynman

I borrowed a whole pile of books from a friend of mine, and the last one he dropped on my pile was this one. I looked at it a bit funny (there I go again, judging by the cover) then shrugged and accepted.

Boy was I surprised by the greatness of this book!

It is a series of anecdotes by physicist Richard Feynman. He has all sorts of stories to tell about things he's done in his life, and it was quite intriguing to read about someone who has so much more curiousity. He's absolutely brilliant but is just another guy, you can so easily relate to him. It's funny because you can find yourself getting quite comfortable with a story, and then it hits you that some of the things he says are crazy clever.

This book was a pleasure to read. Apparently he's published a few, I'll definately be picking them up as well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home